Exploring Careers in Aging
The APA Committee on Aging’s newest resource, Exploring Careers in Aging is now live! It’s a step-by-step educational roadmap to help undergraduate and graduate students find a career in aging.
Two Roadmaps – one for undergraduate and one for graduate students – provide guidance in thinking about potential research, practice and academic careers in aging including:
* Specific questions to consider at each educational level from pre-undergraduate to graduate.
* Actions to take at each educational level to be prepared and positioned to embark on a career in aging.
* Resources (directories of programs in psychology and gerontology, academic resources, preparing for graduate school, networking, and how to prepare for a job search).
* Career profiles and descriptions of a wide variety of aging careers, including those in psychology.
* Interdisciplinary careers that intersect with aging including those in engineering, business, law and policy, and biological and health sciences.
Lifelong Learning Committee Members
Andrea June, PhD
Erin Emery-Tiburcio, PhD
Meghan Marty, PhD
Julia Boyle, PhD